Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Drinks Inspired by Poldark #2

Thanks to Chris Barnard and Red Sangre for the photography and art


 Round two of mixed drinks inspired by Poldark.  Recently I was re-reading Demelza and noticed that Prudie's  favorite drink was actually described and had a name!  Sampson or Sampson with Hair(!)  This is my version, which is close to the original. 

Recipe:
1 jigger Brandy
1 jigger Spiced Pear Liqueur
Apple Cider or Hard Cider
 (hard cider makes it with hair)
optional: brown sugar simple syrup, good with Hard Cider
Garnish with a pear or apple slice


Verity's Cordial is a sweet drink just like Verity!  I thought "what would Verity like?"  She likes to garden and offers herbs for Demelza's garden.... so I chose Elderflower Liqueur and Violet Liqueur.

Recipe:
1 jigger Elderflower Liqueur
1 jigger Violet Liqueur*
I've been told Violet Liqueur is clear now, my bottle is very old
serve in a cordial glass


Aunt Agatha liked her tipple too!  So I picked something ancient like Aunt Agatha-milk punch.  The creation goes back to the 17th c. and is credited to Aphra Behn a female British playwright.

Recipe:
1 jigger cream
2 jiggers whole milk
1 T simple syrup (I used brown)
1/2 tsp Vanilla or a "splash"
1 jigger filled equally with Brandy & Bourbon
Grated nutmeg for the top



Next up Geneva....the experiment is going on right now.  Will report back how it turned out!

Cheers,
Bonny Wise, I am
Inspired by Poldark

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/947340/?claim=xtg2kq6n7aq">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment: